The Honoring The Legacy Memorial Day 5K Run/Walk seeks to honor the many who have given their lives in defense of our country.
The run helps support Trail Life and American Heritage Girl Troops IL-0078 in the Belleville area in their efforts to promote patriotism, good citizenship, and a love for the military through the programs offered.
Event details and schedule
- $25 received NLT May 6; $30 May 7 to race day -- T-shirt guaranteed if registered NLT May 6
- Make checks out to TrailLife Troop IL-0078 and send to Honoring The Legacy 5K, 225 S. Pennsylvania Ave, Belleville IL 62220
- Virtual registration is also open if you would like to run, but cannot make actual race day.
- Online registration will be open now through Monday, May 27.
- Paper packet registration can be picked up at Toolen's Running Start, 3220 Green Mt Crossing Dr, O'Fallon, IL 62269, through Saturday, May 25
- In-person registration on Saturday, May 25 2:00-4:00 pm at Toolen's Running Start
- In-person registration on Monday, May 27, 7:30-8:15am, before the race.
- Sat, May 25, 2:00-4:00 pm at Toolen's Running Start,
3220 Green Mount Crossing Dr, Shiloh, IL 62269
- Packet Pickup/Late Registration: Mon, May 27, 7:30-8:15 am at Laderman Park,
1105 Mascoutah Ave, Belleville, IL 62220
Race Event Schedule
7:30 am - Race Check-In
8:30 am - National Anthem
8:45 am - Race start
9:45 am - Award ceremony
The course begins and ends at Laderman Park in Belleville, Illinois and will run downtown Belleville.
There is parking available in Laderman Park. Exiting the park will not be available until after all the runners/walkers have completed the race.
- Medals for top three male and female finishers in each age category (14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+)
- Awards for top three male and female Overall and Masters Division finishers
What To Bring
- Water bottle
- Bib provided in packet attached to shirt
- Good thoughts for cool weather!